Frequently Asked Questions
Q: 01. What does it mean no license self drive boat?
Q: 02. Can I rent a boat in the Port without prior on-line booking?
Q: 03. Can I postpone a booking?
Q: 04. How much time it takes to pick up the boat in the Port?
Q: 05. Can I park a car nearby?
Usually you can park your car on side streets near the Motolodki jetty.
Q: 06. What if I am to miss the booking time?
Q: 07. How should I prepare for a trip, what to wear?
Q: 08. Do you provide life vests for children?
Q: 09. Can I take my dog with me?
Q: 10. Why do you collect a deposit? When it is returned?
Q: 11. Where can we sail?
Q: 12. What are priority rules on inland waters?
- Ships and boats in convergent courses should pass each other left to left side (both boats should turn right).
- The ship to be overtaken has a priority over the overtaking ship however overtaken ship tries to keep the course/direction to facilitate the maneuver.
- Small boat (means you) gives priority to bigger ships (bigger means e.g can transport more than 12 pax).
- Small boats give priority to the boats on your right side.
- Motorboats give priority to the boat under the sail.
Q: 13. What are the most important rules to obey when sailing on the river?
- You and your crew ALWAYS wear life vests. Irrespectively how good swimmer you are you will not be able to swim in this river unless wearing a life vest.
- Never sail after drinking alcohol or taking drugs.
- Please avoid creating waves in the Port as it may damage berthed boats.
- The optimal speed is around 3/4 of a maximum power.
- Be careful, observe the water and any obstacles that may appear.
- If you run aground do not attempt to overpass a shallow water with the engine. Stop the engine, lift the engine up to avoid the obstruction of a cooling system by sand and let the river moves you toward the deeper place. Eventually you can use paddles to move the boat.
- Always sail with the lock lever in position DOWN (the bosun will show you where it is), when you run aground the engine will move up smoothly and you will avoid an unpleasant hit to the bottom/rocks or an engine damage.
- When you change the gear from backward to forward or vice verse, always stop the gear in neutral position for a while otherwise you risk serious engine damage.